Direct Care Staff
- Must be 18 years or older with a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Good physical condition based on physical conducted by an Ultra Care, Inc approved physician. This must include a negative TB test or Chest X-Ray.
- Two personal character and one professional reference.
- Must be of good moral character and possess the quality of compassion, patience and sound judgment.
- Strong desire to learn how to be the best care giver.
- Must have completed all the required care giving training set forth by the State of Michigan.
- Must have fingerprints and background check completed.
- Documentation of the above appropriate items will be kept in the personnel file.
- Assist and train consumers in personal grooming, dressing, housekeeping and development of new skills pertinent to community living.
- Direct and assist consumers in carrying out their person centered plans as prepared by their supports team.
- Transport consumers to school, work, doctor’s office and/or social activities in a suitable vehicle provided by Ultra Care, Inc.
- Prepare and assist consumers in preparing their meals following a posted cycle menu.
- Assist in the maintenance of a pleasant and sanitary home environment for the consumers according State of Michigan and Ultra Care, Inc. standards.
- Be knowledgeable of each consumer’s whereabouts and safety at all times while on duty.
- Efficiently document all pertinent information on prescribed forms pertaining to each consumer as required.
- Provide an appropriate role model for consumers to follow by exhibiting both proper grooming and mature conduct.
- Foster good relationships within the community by acting as good neighbors.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, in-services and all training required by the State of Michigan.
- Act as an Advocate for the consumer at all times.
- Report any suspected abuse or neglect immediately.